Mission Statements - Aims and Values
Children's Mission Statement
At St Joseph's, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school. Each month we focus on a different value throughout the school.
The whole staff team, parents and pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’. The values developed have been selected after consultation with pupils, staff, governors and parents as values which are important within the school community and which will be important throughout life.
Staff Mission Statement
AIM OF VALUES EDUCATION
Through the Values we aim to:
- Improve behaviour, conduct and self confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Develop pupils understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school life.
- Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils
- Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them in their time in the school.
- Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘value of the month’ to parents in newsletters and in the entrance foyer.
- Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves that they can value, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves.
- To raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere
- To link our school values with the British Values and also the Olympic and Paralympic Values